A friendly and helpful reminder from the bulletin:
1. Fast from all solids and liquids from at least midnight the night before receiving Holy Communion—no morning coffee, for example. (This does not include prescribed medicines.)
2. Arrive at church before the Gospel is read. (If you arrive afterward it is certainly a sign that you have not prepared adequately to receive Holy Communion that day.)
3. Eat the blessed bread only after you have received Holy Communion—even if people give you some bread; only eat it after receiving Communion.
4. Say your prayers of preparation to receive Holy Communion. (These can be found in the red Service Book on page 204.)
5. Examine your conscience and ask forgiveness of any sins which you may have committed since your last Communion. If the sins are many, or serious (like missing church on Sunday), then you should make your confession to the priest before you receive Holy Communion.